Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a .NET Solution Architect for our Kyiv office to make the team even stronger.
.NET Solution Architect – technical consultant who is responsible for business enablement and solution architecture design & implementation. The person who is a technology expert well-versed in full stack of modern technologies with great interpersonal skills, analytical mind and a passion for engineering.
You will be working together with clients, Senior Management, Account Managers, Competency Centers, Heads of Business Units, Delivery Managers, Architects and Implementation team to deliver the entire solution to the client.
- Lead development and implementation of enterprise solutions or a component of the solution;
- Work on presales activities (RFP processing, direct communications with potential clients, proposal development, proposal efforts estimation, and presenting the proposed solution architecture to a client);
- Play major role during project kick-off: drive initial discovery phase working with project management and clients, implement prototypes and proof of concepts, lead development team;
- Interact with clients, advice and lead the translation of business requirements and models into appropriate architectural designs to ensure that business needs are met;
- Work directly and collaboratively with clients and other key stakeholders to ensure that the solution’s vision and overall architecture design is understood and agreed upon significant architectural quality attributes (performance, availability, maintainability, scalability, security, usability, etc.);
- Actively contribute to architecture and project review. As needed, lead the solution development, drive and supervise end-to-end system development life cycle (SDLC);
- Responsible for ensuring architectural consistency of the recommended technology and its integration with the client’s applications and infrastructure.
- Work with the client teams on the daily basis clarifying questions, tailoring and fine tuning proposed architectures, troubleshooting and solving unexpected issues, proactively working with technical risks;
- Participate in solution architecture review and create review report;
- Define and document solution architecture and translate proposed solution to the client’s business team and to the implementation teams;
- Develop reusable assets, development methods, processes, and best practices to accelerate delivery. Participate, on an on-going basis, in strategic visioning activities for competency center;
- Evaluate hardware and software platforms, perform benchmarking, and share the summary results;
- Keep pace with innovative technologies and maintain strong understanding of industry trends and best practices;
- Publish to wide audience the results of his/her work. It can be internal newsletter articles and blogposts for development community. Participate in creation of general-interest white papers and blueprints. Participate in internal/external events as a speaker;
- Conduct technical interviews with candidates for lead-level .NET Developer position. Mentor one or more such colleagues. Provide technical guidance and career-planning assistance.
- 5+ years experience developing relational and non-relational data storages;
- 3+ years industry experience in Team Leader and/or Project Manager roles with constant hands-on work;
- Track record of working directly with the customer (i.e. regularly facing customer directly) both remotely and on-site;
- Can act as Business Analytic, if dedicated specialist is not involved;
- Practical experience in full life cycle of software development processes like Rational Unified Process (RUP) or "Waterfall", Agile (Scrum, XP, etc.). Experience establishing appropriate implementation methodology to successfully develop & deploy solution;
- Knowledge of at least two business domains (Travel and Hospitality, Finance, Retail, Healthcare & Life Science, etc.);
- Strong background in design and implementation of external services integrations (using REST, SOAP and/or ESB);
- Expertise in back-end architecture: SOA, Message Queue, Event-driven architecture, In-memory processing;
- Experience in and understanding of cloud IaaS and PaaS technologies (like Azure, AWS, Rackspace). Experience in virtualization technologies;
- Expertise in architectural styles, enterprise architecture patterns, integration patterns, development patterns;
- Demonstrated experience in solution cost estimation (including tools, tasks, complexity, labor & time) at coarse grain levels, with supporting material evidence;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working with Microsoft Business Intelligence Solutions (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS) and BizTalk;
- Ability to analyze and propose to customer cross-industry or cross-platform solutions;
- Runs technology community or TechTalks/ArchiTalks series, recognized as public speaker;
- Ability to travel.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Individual career path in engineering;
- Social package -medical insurance, sports;
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
- Partial grant of the cost of certification;
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers).