Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Technical Delivery Manager (Java) for our Kyiv office to make the team even stronger.
We welcome you to join our team creating the world-class application for one of the world leaders in the logistics industry. It is end-to-end ownership of the delivery starting from vision and consulting to development, testing, deployment and landing into operations.
What we create is a mission critical, highly configurable web based application without single point of failure. It is embedded into existing enterprise landscape with a capability to handle 5k requests per minute and 4k concurrent users with different roles across the globe. It is so important, so that it has to be up and running 24*7 with zero downtime during upgrades and failover and requires an agile architecture to support complex data handling scenarios including regulations on personal data handling across GEOs. There would be very little place on the earth with no users accessing the system we build.
The Senior Technical Delivery Manager is accountable for the overall project delivery, client satisfaction and management of expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time and within budget.
If you are easily able to answer the questions below, please submit your CV immediately:
- What architectural tasks are/were you responsible for?
- What performance and scalability issues have you solved?
- What is your experience in establishing/maintaining of CI/CD process?
- What approaches and tools for monitoring of application health do you have experience with?
- Do you have experience in designing and implementation of micro services?
If yes, please be ready to briefly describe the application and technologies used.
- Coordinate the preparation of customer proposals and statements of work;
- Participate in new business development;
- Deliver customer projects successfully;
- Manage customer expectations and relationship;
- Ensure that projects are delivered in line with EPAM process and methodologies;
- Address customer issues during an engagement in cooperation with the Account Manager;
- Make sure that the customer executes their responsibilities on the engagements;
- Identify and manage engagement risks and flag major issues early;
- Participate in overall project management, time estimation, and resource scheduling;
- Prepare engagement revenue and resource forecasts;
- Prepare engagement timesheets and billing information;
- Prepare weekly/monthly engagement reports;
- Prepare estimations on time frames, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement projects; develop the project plan incorporating all project variables;
- Establish criteria concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, design and costs;
- Assist in analyzing client processes through needs analysis and recommending new business models, workflows, or innovative solutions;
- Contribute to and manage engagement and process improvements;
- Suggest innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology to provide marketing differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experiences;
- Occasional mentoring of peers, including making sure that the offshore and onsite project teams undertake their duties effectively;
- Travel to client sites as needed.
- Senior account/engagement management experience in the domain industry as well as managing and working with offshore teams;
- 5-10 years’ experience working in consulting or outsourcing account/delivery management;
- Strong understanding of software development; Java background is a must;
- 5+ years’ project management experience;
- Ability to establish solid working relationships with clients, to work effectively as a virtual member of a dynamic, dispersed team and to meet deadlines;
- Strong experience in working with distributed teams on the client side;
- Excellent communication, presentation and planning skills;
- Exceptional organizational, leadership and stakeholder management skills;
- Self-motivated, multitasking, reliable to deliver on time, a quick-thinker, able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Individual career path in engineering;
- Social package - medical insurance, sports;
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
- Partial grant of the cost of certification;
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers).