Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Java Solution Architect for our Kyiv office to make the team even stronger.
The Solution Architect is a primary member of the project leading team and is responsible for the overall architecture of the system and alignment of business requirement to the technical design. The Java Solution Architect works together with the Delivery Manager, System Architect and implementation team to deliver the entire solution for the customer.
The ideal candidate must be an experienced technologist with a proven track record in architectures of big enterprise systems preferably on several different stacks. The candidate must be organized and analytical, have deep experience in architecture design and technical leadership, understand the project and delivery management to be a part of a project management team.
- Design large-scale solutions using at least one technology stack;
- Create solution architecture document on good level with deep technical details;
- Work closely with business in identifying solution requirements and key case-studies/scenarios for the future solution;
- Conduct solution architecture review/audit and create review/audit report;
- Lead implementation of the solution from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live";
- Oversee the development efforts and provide technical help as needed;
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sale activities:
- Direct communications with potential customers;
- RFP processing;
- The development of proposals for implementation and design of the solution;
- Presentation for proposed solution architecture to customer;
- Participation in meetings with customer representatives.
- Participation in customer’s workshops and presentation of the proposed solution;
- Directly communicate with customers during solution architecture design or solution implementation activities;
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices;
- Create and follow personal education plan in the technology stack and solution architecture;
- Conduct advisory on creation of personal education plan for colleagues.
- 5+ years experience developing relational and non-relational data storages;
- 5+ years experience in team leadership;
- 3+ years experience in project management and direct customer communications;
- Strong development background with the development platform (Java2JEE, Content Management);
- Strong background using various libraries, frameworks and patterns in particular technology stack;
- Strong background in design and implementation of external services integrations (using REST, SOAP and/or ESB);
- Strong experience with multiple full lifecycle software development processes, approaches and methods (SCRUM & RUP);
- Deep expertise in Solution Architecture:
- Web application architectures;
- Web services architectures;
- Relational and non-relational data storage specific;
- Web application front-end and/or back-end architecture;
- Solution cross-cutting concerns (security, monitoring, caching, etc).
- Strong understanding of:
- Mission critical application architecture design;
- Scalable application architecture design;
- High performance application architecture design.
- Strong expertise in:
- Architectural styles;
- Enterprise architecture patterns;
- Integration patterns;
- Development patterns;
- Architecture artifacts and deliverables;
- Solution architecture design approaches and practices;
- Change management processes.
- Understand performance issues and approaches to address them systematically;
- Proactive approach and leadership in architecture engagement;
- Experience in customer site assignments;
- Strong communications skills:
- Excellent general communication skills;
- Ability to communicate message to customer representatives, listen and manage their concerns;
- Ability to read context and people.
- Fluent English.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Individual career path in engineering;
- Social package - medical insurance, sports;
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers).